In the 21st-century, technology plays a crucial role in assisting everyone in surviving. This world would be unimaginable without it. As it has contended its way into our daily lives, it has tightened its grip everywhere. Technology has proven to be a boon to the educational sector ever since Covid-19. Educators had long recognized the importance of digitization, but the pandemic gave it a new lease on life.
Importance of Technology:
Diverse solutions have been used, with varying degrees of success, and would help change the face of education globally due to the abrupt change in technology. Technology will aid in the improvement of educational quality, the educational system, communication, and the provision of enriched resources. With the growing recognition of technology’s significant role, progress sets to begin and pave a new path that will revolutionize the minds of young people.
Read also: Elevating Towards E-Learning
What Does the Data Say?
The School of Education conducted a poll, and according to it, 75 percent of educators believe that digital content learning will eventually supplant textbook learning. A few technological marvels are currently on-trend to entice students to use technology-driven methods. Artificial intelligence (AI), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Augmented Reality (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR), Gamification, and Blockchain are just a few examples.
- Artificial Intelligence: According to a report published by the eLearning industry, AI will combine with 47 percent of learning tools. AI can assist with tutoring, and chatbots are the best fit for situations where teachers don’t have time after work. It also adjusts to the learner’s intelligence level, speed, and preferences so that they get the most out of it.
- Learning Management System: LMS is a platform for creating and tracking online learning activities and initiatives. It aids in the creation and delivery of content, lectures, and pedagogical aids, as well as the alleviation and nurturing of communications. Parents can keep track of their children’s rosters, grades, and assessment dates using the LMS to become more involved in their children’s education.
- Augmented & Virtual Reality: AR is eco-friendly, making learning an experiential approach whose explicit role is understanding abstract concepts, student engagement, and gaining first-hand expertise in a virtual setting. This technologically driven data is added to the existing environment, while VR creates an entirely new one.
- Gamification: Gamification is a new fad in technology in which educational games simulates using coding to engage your visuals for learning. Its mission statement is that students learn best when they are having fun. It binds students with gimmicks like competition, scoring, and team activities that allow them to absorb the most up-to-date information.
- Blockchain Technology: It benefits students by removing the need for a middleman, as it converts record keeping to a digital format by connecting learners directly. It improves transparency; for example, when a student uploads an assignment to the blockchain, the technology ensures that it is not lost.
Read also: Digital Transformation: The Next Phase for Education
The need of the hour is to adapt to the emerging technological marvels because educational technology will not be a bombilation, but rather a reality soon. While we must embrace technology as an integral part of our lives, we must not become enslaved.